Hi,
I have enabled the 2FA in my personal setting, I have tested the 2FA working after I have logged out and login to Bitbucket.
Do I have to manually logout/login in order to use 2FA?
Thanks,
Andrew
G'day, @Andrew Liew
Yes, you are required to log out and in again to use 2SV since the sessions do not expire when the user enables it by default.
Also, I believe there's no way to force users to logout from their accounts now.
However, there's a possible way to force users to enable 2SV by enabling the options in the workspace Premium settings. This will force users to enable their 2SV before accessing the workspace.
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Cheers,Syahrul
Hi Syahrul. Thanks for your reply.
I have enabled 2SV in my personal setting. I have also log out and tested the 2SV. It works only if I log out.
If I do not log out, the 2SV does not seem to matter. Only if I log out, 2SV UI would appear for the keys.
Cheers,
Hi @Andrew Liew
Yes, that's the right behavior.
Once you turn on the 2SV in Bitbucket, you won't be forced to log out, but the next time you log in to Bitbucket, you'll require to enter the 2SV code as an additional login step.
Hi Syahrul,
That's not true.
After I passed the 2SV once, then onwards, every time even after I restarted my machine and started the browser with my bitbucket bookmark, I can access Bitbucket without 2SV or login every day. There is no 2SV UI or login for the keys. I can access the Bitbucket many times without 2SV or login.
Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.