Hello,The goal is:
- user picks the date from the custom date-picker field- the issue will be transfered into a "closed" status after this date.
If there's any way to do this?All the best guys!
Hello @SEBtheSaviour
This could potentially be handled by Automation for Jira, depending on the edition and version of your Jira product.
Are you using Jira Server or Jira Data Center?
And, what version are you using?
Hello @Trudy P Claspill - I supposed that it should be done with Automation (or Project Automation Rule) But the clue is the "date picker field" - in "common" I might be trying to use condition where field value is changed then do transition.But I can't find the exact condition when the date is picked - that's why I decided to ask for help here I am using the DC version & 8.20.6
If you want to automatically transition an issue to a specific status on a date that has been specified in a date field in that issue then this is what I would recommend.
1. Use a Schedule Trigger that runs daily. In that trigger use a JQL to select all the issues where that Date field has been set to the current day.
2. Use a Transition Issue action to change the issue status to the desired status.
There are a few caveats to this.
- The workflow for the issue has to have a transition from its current status to the desired status.
- The Actor of the rule has to have permission to change the issue status.
- Any other Conditions set for the transitions have to be met already.
- There can't be a transition screen on the transition that would require user interaction.
@Trudy P Claspill Thanx a lot, honestly it's a bit more complicated than I previously thought, I'll try!
Here's an example of a similar rule from Atlassian's Automation Template Library:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/115366
SImilar but not the same though Thanx for the input, I appreciate it!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.