I am trying to create a new issue type, but I am missing the 'actions' drop down from all the tutorials I have seen. I know I am an admin, so I don't know what the issue could be.
Hi Qiana,
Welcome to the community!
Not sure if you are seeing the same tutorials that I'm, but I didn't the "actions" being mentioning on them.
Your new issue type will be added to the default issue type scheme. You can configure this and any other issue type schemes to group your issue types and associate them with one or more projects. Learn more about issue type schemes.
Select > Issues.
In the left column, go to Issue types > Add issue type.
Enter a name and description for your new issue type.
Choose between a standard or sub-task issue type.
Standard issue types are placed above the epic level (commonly Initiative and Legend) whereas Sub-task issue types are underneath the Story level alongside subtasks.
Select Add.
I also recommend checking the documentation here.
Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Kind regards,
Carlos
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Where are you trying to do this? Have you gone to Admin -> Issues -> Issue types and clicked the "add new issue type" button, or are we looking elsewhere?
Hello @Qiana Curcuru
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
Can you provide a link to the tutorial you are using?
Can you confirm for us that you are using Jira Server (or Data Center) versus using Jira Cloud? If you are using Jira Cloud your Jira URL will be
https://<something>.atlassian.net
If it isn't, then you are using Jira Server or Data Center.
here is a screenshot. I don't see anywhere to have the option to add an issue type.
@Qiana Curcuru
You are within the Project Settings for a specific project. You can't add new issue types there.
Only a Jira Administrator can add new issues types and update project's to use those new issue types. The steps provided by @carlosughini detail how a Jira Admin can add a new issue type. They would also need to add the issue type to the Issue Type Scheme associated with your project.
You will need to contact your Jira Administrators for help with your request.
Thanks! is there a way to just get privilege's to just add issues without being full admin?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.