I'm in the process of generating reports for code coverage and code quality and I would like to enable a merge check based on whether or not these reports pass.
I've successfully pushed a mock report through the API and I see the report in the relevant pull request. According to the documentation there should be a "Code Insights" option in the repository settings where I can configure merge checks. The setting does not appear to be there in my case.
My questions are:
- Will custom reports generated through the API allow us to use the "Code Insights"? Are "Code Insights" only available through 3rd party integrations?
- If what I'm doing should work, what am I doing wrong? Do I need to send specific information when creating or updating a report?
Additional context that may be relevant:
- The report was not sent from a pipeline script, it was sent from my local environment. I'm using an auth token and sending in the header of the request.
- We have pipelines configured and running for the pull request I generated the report for.