Hello community,
I'm not sure how to describe it.
So I will tell you what I have, what I do and what I think I need.
I have
- in my repo 4 branches DEV / TEST / STAGE / PROD
- For each branch a bitbucket-pipeline which runs automatic after a push or merge
I code and do manually
- Push my code to DEV branch (bitbucket-pipeline run automatic to deploy to DEV server)
- I create a pull request and merge from DEV to TEST (bitbucket-pipeline run than automatic to deploy to TEST server)
- I create a pull request and merge from TEST to STAGE (bitbucket-pipeline run than automatic to deploy to STAGE server)
- I create a pull request and merge from STAGE to PROD (bitbucket-pipeline run than automatic to deploy to PROD server)
My pain(s)
- Big pain: It's a pain to select always (in the Pull Request page) the correct source and destination branch.
- Small pain: Because every server environment contain a longer list of bitbucket-pipeline-steps I have to wait for every branch-pipeline longer ... DEV pipeline 1min, TEST pipeline 1:30min, STAGE pipeline 2:30min, PROD pipeline 5min
I think i need
- Is there a way to configure my repo for a pre-selected branch way? DEV > TEST > STAGE > PROD
What else I can optimize in my personal workflow?
Thx for feedback, Michael