I need to update colum value from In complete to Complete when the JIRA ticket status change from In Progress to Done. How I can achive that.Can I use REST APIs to do that?
Hello @Mangala Kalpani
You cannot interact directly with the database when you are using a Jira Cloud subscription.
Are you saying that for issues that were in a status of "In Complete" you want that status to be renamed as "In Progress"?
If I am understanding your problem correctly, that sort of change can be done without writing directly to the database.
Are you working with issues that are in a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? That information will be shown at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.
Essentially you just need to update the name of the Status. The Status's unique numeric ID is what is actually recorded in the issues and history. When you update the name of a Status, that change will automatically be reflected everywhere that Status value was used.
The process for making that update depends on the type of project you are using.
Note that if you are trying to update issues in a Company Managed project, then this sort of change can affect all Company Managed projects that used the same Status values.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill , Thank you for the response.
If I further explain about my question, I want to make an integration between JIRA and SQL server to push some data like issues, issue's status from JIRA, to be saved in my database for analytical purpose. How to achieve that?
What problem are you trying to solve by creating your own SQL database for storing some of the Jira data? Could you accomplish the same with third party apps that are designed to extend the reporting capabilities for Jira?
Hi @Trudy P Claspill ,
We have a customized dropdown field, named as “RoleStatus”. Let’s say that it has two values that can be chosen by the user (Active / Inactive).
When the user updated the RoleStatus from “Active” to “Inactive” it will update in the Jira itself.
We are currently doing an evaluation on Jira.
What I want is that the updates/changes which occurred on the Jira to be pulled out from Jira and send it to an external DB which is located in my PC.
Is there any way to achieve it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.