Hi,
We have a list of tickets already created - from that list, a support guy goes into every ticket and uses the option "Create Linked Issue" to create new tickets for the same project but in a different issue type - of course, linked to the original.
Now I have a custom field called "additional details" that exists in the original ticket, and i want to copy the content of that field into the description field of the linked ticket the support guy is creating.
I tried automation for Jira, but it simply doesn't work. I have something like this:
Trigger: When a new issue is created
If Issue Type equals "Task"
And "Linked Issue Present"
Then Edit "Description" from Parent Issue => Field to copy the value from "Additional details".
In my mind this logic is right, but it doesn't work.
The question: How can i copy a custom field value from a linked issue into the description field?
Thanks