It appears that the permissions on a board where changed. (from unrestricted to restricted back to unrestricted)
How can we tell when the change occurred?
We have access to the database, and we are happy to use SQL if that makes it easier.
I don't think that's logged anywhere. It's assuming you trust your board administrators.
You could check the admin audit log, but it would have had to have been enabled before the changes were made, and I'm not sure that it catches board permission changes.
No dice on the Audit log. Our data goes back to 2014. These changes were made sometime in the past two weeks. I searched for the user who made the last change (restricted to unrestricted) - not found. I also searched for words in the name of the board as well as for the board ID number.
Any chance the changes would be logged in the database?
Nope, that's where the audit log comes from.
Any possibility that there's a date-changed field that might capture it? (I don't have a database schema/diagram or I'd start searching,)
I understand it's not a tracked object for the audit log. I'm just grasping for any way to tell when things changed, even if I can't tell who made the change. At the heart of the issue is that a user (or users) was (were) denied access to a board, and we're trying to figure out how it happened. The owner of the board is positive that they didn't make any changes. Any suggestions are welcome.
-Vik
You could also try searching for the board id and "RapidBoard" in the Tomcat access logs in the jira.home/logs directory
Thanks Matt. Unfortunately that did not reveal the specifics we need.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.