Hi there,
I'd like to update a checkbox custom field via automation in a parent issue like this:
The Checkbox custom field in the parent contains 4 options:
- Approval A is set
- Approval B is set
- Approval C is set
- Approval denied
When Subtask A is resolved --> then the Checkbox field in the parent should select the Value "Approval A is set"
When Subtask C is resolved --> then the Checkobx field in the parent should select the value "Approval C is set" (additionally to "Approval A is set")
... same goes for Subtask B.
With the standard in Automation I can only always replace the values that are already selected in the Checkbox.
But what I need: all Approvals A, B, C should be set before the parent issue can move on in the Workflow (so each subtask approval should add a value in the checkbox field).
This is why I tried to use JSON... and this is where I am completely lost. How can I update the field value so that any approval given is selected addionally to approvals that were already given?
I tried this via JSON for "Edit issue fields", but it is not working:
{
"update": {
"customfield_14809" : [{ "value" : "Approval B is set"}]
},
}What did I do wrong?
Thanks!