Jira Data Center 9.1.1
Automation for Jira
I want Automation to create a task on the 2nd Tuesday each month, and transition that task immediately to 'Ready to start next' (this is because I use the Kanban Backlog view, and I have a 'Ready to start next' as my leftmost Kanban column)
In summary: At this scheduled time (2nd tuesday) > create issue > and transition into 'ready to start next'
The 'Scheduled' Trigger points me to this doc: Construct cron expressions for a filter subscription | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support
I can see I can do something like "'TUES#2' (or '3#2') means 'the second Tuesday of the month'."
However, when I enter the following...
0 0 0 ? * TUES#2
...as my 'cron expression' in the 'Scheduled' Rule Trigger I get an error: Invalid day-of-week name: 'TUES'
So I changed it to this (following the documentation):
0 0 0 ? * 3#2
...and Automation then complains "The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: Transition issue"