I'm running Jenkins version 2.369 with Bitbucket Push and Pull Request plugin version 2.8.3. I've got a webhook setup in Bitbucket to trigger a job in Jenkins.
When I do a commit to bitbucket, the plugin gets triggered, but the job on Jenkins does not run. When looking at the "View Requests" for webhooks in the Bitbucket UI, I see:
Response from https://3.89.195.218:8080/bitbucket-hook/
HTTP status: -2
Headers
Body
<null response>
I've not been able to find logs on the Jenkins controller to look at the HTTP traffic there, so I installed tcpdump. If I capture HTTP traffic on the controller I find this data showing a return from Jenkins to Bitbucket.
22:39:09.133202 IP <Jenkins-internal-AWS-ip>.webcache > 18.246.31.232.25366: Flags [P.], seq 1:206, ack 313, win 219, options [nop,nop,TS val 1282987750 ecr 2120152488], length 205: HTTP: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
E...#,@.@.6..#........c.~...r..............
Lx..~^..HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Content-Type: text/html;charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Length: 70
Connection: close
Server: Jetty(10.0.12)
Bad Message 400 reason: Illegal character CNTL=0x16 (with some HTML formatting removed)
From this I see two problems:
- Jenkins returns a status of 400 but the Bitbucket UI is showing a -2, and
- Bitbucket seems to be sending an unescaped character in its request.
Has anyone else run into this issue and know a resolution?
Thanks in advance,
Rick