In our organization, Projects are assigned to dev teams and each dev team creates repos. Our repos span typical development project types like:
- server applications
- UI applications
- IAC
- ...
What I would like to do is add labels, or tags (not git tags), to our repositories and have the UI organize by label in a folder-like structure. Alternatively, making folders purely for organization (allowing a repo to belong to multiple folders) would also work.
Anyway, I know there was a feature request back in 2015 for something similar. It was closed because of the addition of Projects. Unfortunately, Projects do not solve our problem. What we need is a simple way to re-render our repository view.
Is this possible today and I am just missing it? If it is not possible, how can I escalate this to a feature request?
NOTE: We are currently self-hosted, but are moving to Cloud hosted in the next 30 days.