Hi,
Is it possible to apply multiple sorts to a Structure? For example, we would like the Epics to be sorted by Rank, but the items in the Epics (added by the Add issues belonging to epics generator) to be sorted by Status.
Thanks,
Jozef
Hello @Jozef Vandenmooter ,
Since the Epics and the items in the Epics are on different levels of the hierarchy, the easiest thing to do would be add two Sort Generators.
For the first, you can sort by Rank and set the level of the Generator to run on 1 (most likely the level of your Epics).
For the second, you will sort by Status and set the level of the Generator to run on 2.
If for some reason this does not work, please check what other levels of the hierarchy there are and adjust the generators to run on the level appropriate to you Epics and items in the Epics.
Please let me know if this helps!
Best,David
@David Niro David,
Thanks for the response. I'm having trouble getting this to work. See screenshot. I'd like to sort the Epics by Rank, and the items in the Epics by Status:
This does not appear to have the desired effect. What am I doing wrong?
[...]
If Rank sort is set to 2 and Status sort is set to 3, it should be working as expected.
Could you please check if you have Manual Adjustments enabled for this structure? You can do this by following the "Mark Adjusted Content" steps outlined in the documentation I linked.
If you do find that the issues that do not appear in the correct order were manually adjusted, you can undo them.
Please let me know if this helps.
Hi @David Niro
I can confirm Manual Adjustments was not enabled. See attached screenshot for the full Automation settings and where you can also see the sorting does not appear to work correctly.
I do notice the page that lets me manage the current structure looks different from yours:
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.