Hello,
I also submitted this question to Atlassian support, but I'm interested in the community's input as well.
In mid-December 2022, we upgraded our on-premises Jira Server instance from v8.9.0 to v9.4 via Docker container. Our Jira Software license was renewed and allowed for Jira to be upgraded, but we have not renewed licensing for a couple of plug-ins. Those plug-ins are reporting that a) the updated plug-in versions won't work because the license is invalid, and b) the old plug-in versions are not supported by the new Jira version.
We would like to attempt to downgrade our Jira application down to v8.22.6 via Docker container, which should be the latest available version of Jira that still supports these plug-ins. I saw that the way to attempt this is to edit /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/setenv.sh to the following:
: ${JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS:="-DJira.downgrade.allowed=true"}.
However, when restarting the Docker container, the GUI displays the "Failed to start Jira due to a build number inconsistency" warning. If someone can let me know what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate it.
Thank you.