Here is our current process that needs to be way less manual:
- A request to onboard a user is submitted via the Service Desk
- Outside of Jira, Agent emails the user with an attachment that explains various policies that the user is required to acknowledge before access can be granted
- User responds with their acknowledgment
- Agent has to monitor the team inbox for the response, then attach the email to the ticket
- Agent provisions the access
Due to compliance concerns, we have to document all user's acknowledgment of this policy. We also cannot allow anonymous access to Confluence.
I'm trying to find a way to make this process less manual so the process can move faster.
My best guess at this point is to have a custom field that captures the user's email address when somebody submits their onboarding request. Then use Scriptrunner to send the new user an email with the Policy attachment. I know you can show the transition buttons in an email like this, but I'm not sure if they can be used by somebody who doesn't yet exist in Jira.
I'm open to any suggestions and ideas.
Thank you!