I'm following these directions, using Portecle
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/running-jira-applications-over-ssl-or-https-938847764.html
I'm using certs from a well-known CA, in the cacerts truststore in the Jira JRE install.
It came time to renew a certificate. After a first failure to import the new cert, I started over, with a fresh keystore, generated the CSR, and got the cert reissued. I imported the intermediate cert into the keystore. It was not trusted, and I let it in using the prompts. Upon using 'Import CA Reply' on the keypair (per directions) I get the above.
This is on Jira 8.20.1, using mysql57. This was a working installation until installing the new cert. The trust problem suggests the cert authority is not recognized but it's in cacerts. JAVA_HOME is set to the JRE in the Jira install and PATH points to the JRE's bin. Portecle should be using the correct JRE. No others are installed actually, on a dedicated machine. This is not a new problem, but other discussions aren't useful. Thanks for any comments