We have a branch structure for releases that is locked down permissions wise - `release/*` has very few write access, and only PR merge permissions.
I now want to create a structure where folks can create branches with the following name `release/*/child/*`. Having configured the permissions, and I understand there's overlap here with the first schema, we're seeing an error about not being able to create a branch while the "parent" exists.
Is this an odd wording of a permission related error (the overlap)? If I"m not able to achieve this, what are my other options given these ideals:
- Folks can create branches "from" the release branch
- Some folks can commit/push directly to that branch
- Other folks can only merge via PR
- When browsing branches it's easy/obvious what release a child branch comes from
That last point is the idea behind putting the branch names after the release...but if that's not going to work, I'm a bit short of ideas atm.
Thanks