I'm trying to push some minor changes up to Bitbucket with my normal Sourcetree workflow but am getting this error:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v --tags --set-upstream origin master:dev/gm/AddDefaultStateSequence
Pushing to https://bitbucket.org/Gene_M/cpf_h7a3.git
To https://bitbucket.org/Gene_M/cpf_h7a3.git
= [up to date] pre-rearchitecture-checkpoint -> pre-rearchitecture-checkpoint
! [rejected] master -> dev/gm/AddDefaultStateSequence (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://bitbucket.org/Gene_M/cpf_h7a3.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because a pushed branch tip is behind its remote
hint: counterpart. Check out this branch and integrate the remote changes
hint: (e.g. 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.
Completed with errors, see above.
I was able to commit the changes but the push failed. As far as I can tell I'm using the same process I've always used, but for some reason that I can't figure out, it isn't working this time. I've tried using git bash and get the same error. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks