Jira Environment Details:
Jira Datacenter 8.20.14
Hello everyone,
I have been requested to create a custom field so that a user can be selected from a group automatically.
To add context and a use case: I have been requested to create a Issue Type called "Resource Request".
This Issue type is to be used to allow certain members of our management team to create a ticket to request resources for future projects so they can be planned as a ticket.
One of the requests is to select a user from a specific group. For example; the team that approves this request has 4 users. So a request is created the users only have the option of selecting one from the specific management group.
I could just use a Drop down list for this. But from a maintenance and administrative point of view, manual lists are poorly managed generally.
I hope there is a solution to this via either groovy script or Jira automation (We do have a license to the application "Automation for Jira"). I would prefer automation for this as it would be easier to debug and ensure reliability.
Thanks for your time (and hopefully your help).