Hello and happy 2023 to all!
Recently I have taken over a scrum team. They use sub-tasks to split up the work between team members. There is a main “driver” and one or several supporting team members.
The current work flow includes exporting CVS files into Excel and manually copying over time estimates depending on which team member works on which sub-task. I feel like I’m wasting my time and brain.
I think the purpose of comparing planned vs available time is valid, but there must be a better and more straightforward way to do this…, right???
All I would like to do is allocate a specific team member to a specific sub-task and allow the person to see the accumulated “time” (or story points) for all the sub-tasks where they are involved in.
I’d appreciate your feedback on how you proceed and where I could find some more input.
Thank you!!
PS: there are also some teams in the firm who don't allocate anything to anyone. They just have a sprint backlog sitting there... and the work gets done every time. But the above team work like that - for now
This is a screenshot of the overview that I produce for them:
