We have a server version of Jira with Service Desk and an instance of Confluence on premises. This was implemented prior to me joining the company and is integrated with our AD so users in AD can create Service Tickets and view status by email to jira@ourdomain and check status by clicking on the link emailed to them. I would like to move to the cloud but just trying to understand the licensing a bit better.
I would like to use service desk and leverage the KB capabilities built-in rather than point to our existing Confluence server, although that could be a stepping stone due to amount of content. We have moved to Microsoft 365 so all our staff accounts are there, my real question is with the Free license does the 10 users mean 10 agents that can action tickets and modify the KB etc? Or is that total users access? Or hopefully can all staff in MS365 send emails to jira@ourdomain.com like they can now to log calls and receive notification of calls logged and progress etc? Jira and Confluence have been great tools for us and I would like to continue to use them.