Here are my questions about my pipeline runner:
1) Exactly where are my commands going to, and are they segregated by process ID or do they run as a block? For instance if my pipeline involves pulling an account and saving to a variable, will that be available for the next command?
2) If I am running my pipeline in windows, am I to use CMD commands or PS commands?
I ask this because just as a quick test, I set up my pipeline like this:
branches:
feature/*:
- step:
runs-on:
- self.hosted
- windows
name: 'Build'
script:
- echo "Build step on feature branches"
- Get-Location | Write-Output
- Get-ChildItem | Write-Output
The echo command provides output in the trace but the next two commands do nothing. What I really want to do is to cd to a folder and do an ant build, but if I can't get even a pwd to produce output, I can't proceed.