Hi,
I'm hoping you can offer me some advice. I'm currently on the 30 day trial of the IT service desk. I work within a university and we'd like to use the Service Desk to replace our current software.
I've set it up, and it all looks good, but my question is around the day to day functionality. Could be that I'm just missing it in the docs that I've read - or that what we're trying to do is overly complex.
Having looked at the demo I've been assuming that each team within our IT department will have their own queue. So Databases, Web, eLearning etc. Then a group of users will be assigned to that queue.
Scenario:
User raises a ticket
Ticket goes into the correct queue in the back end.
Service Desk staff assigns that ticket out to the correct queue.
What I can't seem to see is how on an incoming ticket it would be marked with a ticket field to indicate to the service desk to which department it would go. I was expecting to see hidden ticket fields where when passed through they would be marked with "email" or "web" so that it would be obvious to the service desk that this was a certain category of request/change/incident etc.
Would my approach be correct for a large organisation? Any advice as to how you've done it would be greatly received!
Could be that I've got completely the wrong end of the stick, so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!
Thanks!