Hi there,
i've an azure ad tenant withe the following user layout:
User principle Name = ShortName@internal-domain.de
E-Mail Adress = Surname.Lastname@external-domain.de
So our logon name at M365 is always the upnname (ShortName@internal-domain.de).
We've setup the SSO Connection, authentication works within Atlassion. When entering ShortName@interna-domain.de as username we'll be redirected to M365 login. But the user mapping is not correct.
Within Atlassion the User will be created with the upnname and the same value will be the e-mail address value. But I expect the real E-Mail Address to be that value which is the user.mail Attribute within Azure.

I think the problem is, that atlassian only handles the e-mail adress as uniqued identifier, right? But we would like to have the same logon names for all systems, and the email adress must be different that way.
When i simply switch the Unique User Identifier mapping value to user.mail I'm not able to get a correct redirect to M365 when trying to login with Surname.Lastname@external-domain.de
Anyone else with those problems?
Kind regards,
Constantin