In Jira, Is there a way to trigger mail when work log of the week is not met
To Ellaborate further
Team member: Not filled timesheet / Not met the average time log on Jira
Manager - Gets the auto trigger mail with the defaulter list
Hi Kavitha,
It is possible with an app additionally installed in Jira, e.g. Timesheet Reports and Gadgets, see https://primetimesheet.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/114294787/Email+Time+Sheet+Report
Thank you.
Hi @Andriy Zhdanov
In accordance with the community guidelines for marketplace and solution providers, please ensure you disclose in the text of your post your relationship to a vendor when recommending their products.
Please see the community guidelines for more information.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy and @Kavitha Vasudevan
At first I was thinking that if Kavitha just wanted to send simple notifications when users average time logged is not past a certain threshold this could be done with Automation, but I ran into a problem of trying to access Worklog data when you are NOT using a Worklog trigger but rather a manual trigger (in production this would be a schedule trigger.)
I tried {{issue.worklog}}, {{issue.worklogs}}, and {{worklogs}} and {{worklog}} and got nothing.
It seems that finding the issues you could use a Lookup action to find issues that had work logged in the past week like so:
project = "Project A" AND worklogdate >= startOfWeek()
But yeah, I couldn't figure out how to get just the last week's worklogs out so you could sum them up. And then you'd also have to get all the other issues' totals, and then average them. Tricky.
Any thoughts, @Bill Sheboy ? I guess maybe this does end up being something you have to buy an app for.
Hi!
I suspect this could be done by calling REST API functions, or by more generically comparing the current sum of remaining time each week from a JQL query. And there are always marketplace addons...however...
@Kavitha Vasudevan how often does this happen, a team member not logging time? If this is infrequent and for a few people perhaps a conversation would solve the issue. If instead it is for many people on the team, maybe people do not understand the purpose/value of logging the time. Having those discussions before building/buying an addon solution will help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.