The more that I use Automation, the more often I'm pushing its boundaries via smart values. These are pretty powerful and open many options, but are at times challenging to test.
It would be great if Atlassian provided a tool with two fields and a result.
- Target Issue - This would be the issue that the smart values should reference in the test.
- JQL - This would be where you type your JQL with smart values.
I imagine this tool serving a simple but valuable function of letting you see what your JQL would return if you ran it against the target issue.
As it is, I often have to configure a manual trigger for my automations to test them while I build out my JQL queries to ensure I'm getting the intended results. This requires a lot of back and forth and waiting simply to verify some JQL.