Hallo community,
I am currently facing the problem not being able to determine when the bitbucket runner comes online.
My situation:
I am connecting to Azure in order to start a VM there. (Windows 10)
On this VM i have executed the necessary scripts to connect the runner with Bitbucket.
On bitbucket i have created a windows repository runner.
When i start my pipeline everything works out of the box, but sometimes my pipeline fails because the runner is not online at this moment.
My problem:
The unconsistency for the runner to come online makes it hard to time the steps properly. It takes between 120 - 500 sec.
Main Question:
Is it possible to directly wait for the runner to come online, or do i have to increase the delay time to such a high amount just to be sure?
This would be around 500 seconds just to be sure?!
I hope that I am not the only one facing this issue and would be glad to get some respones.