We have Atlassian Access set up to work with Confluence Cloud. Originally our domain was tied to the IdP (Azure AD) and we had SSO enforced. All of this was set up under the guidance of Atlassian Support.
Unfortunately we quickly discovered that consultants in our company domain who needed to access customer sites (like Jira) were getting blocked by the SSO policy. These are users who don't use the Confluence app my team manages. The fix has been to manually add them to the internal directory/nonbillable policy.
In addition, brand new users who needed to legitimately request access to Confluence were also blocked.
Went to Atlassian for a fix, but I've been stuck in an extremely frustrating back and forth with the support engineer. They told me to move the domain to the internal directory. Did that and while initially it seemed to fix the SSO blocker issue, I've since received a number of tickets that some users continue to receive the SSO error.
I have no idea which part of my setup is wrong (especially since THEY assisted) and what to fix. The user experience is terrible - I don't want my end users to be hitting this SSO error when they are simply trying to access their customer Jira. I also need users to be able to request Confluence access that doesn't require jumping through a bunch of hoops.
Anyone else hit this? How did you fix it?