I opened a support ticket on this but I'm under the gun so wanted to reach out to the community as well.
I have an automation rule which fires on comments and the trigger works and it sends the webhook. I send standard POST issue body json data. It includes all the fields except the system Comment field. It actually sends a custom field called "All Comments" (scriptrunner field) which isnt even configured for this projects screens.
"customfield_11107": "Nadim Nabi : Mon Dec 05 15:51:02 EST 2022 : Here is a comment<br>Allen Culpepper : Mon Dec 05 16:11:56 EST 2022 : Comment from Allen<br>Allen Culpepper : Tue Dec 06 10:34:56 EST 2022 : Test comment for new webhook rule",
Version 8.1.0
Here is what we expected (from system jira webhook)
<comment type="object"><self type="text">https://xxxx-jira.cisco.com/jira/rest/api/2/issue/105719/comment/90453</self><id type="text">90453</id><author type="object"><self type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/rest/api/2/user?username=axxxx</self><name type="text">axxxxp</name><key type="text">xxxx</key><emailAddress type="text">xxxx@xxxx.com</emailAddress><avatarUrls type="object"><__34_8x48 type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/secure/useravatar?avatarId=10122</__34_8x48><__32_4x24 type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/secure/useravatar?size=small&avatarId=10122</__32_4x24><__31_6x16 type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/secure/useravatar?size=xsmall&avatarId=10122</__31_6x16><__33_2x32 type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/secure/useravatar?size=medium&avatarId=10122</__33_2x32></avatarUrls><displayName type="text">Allen</displayName><active type="boolean">true</active><timeZone type="text">America/Chicago</timeZone></author><body type="text">test sending to webhook</body><updateAuthor type="object"><self type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/rest/api/2/user?username=xxxx</self><name type="text">xxxx</name><key type="text">axxxx</key><emailAddress type="text">axxxx@xxx.com</emailAddress><avatarUrls type="object"><__34_8x48 type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/secure/useravatar?avatarId=10122</__34_8x48><__32_4x24 type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/secure/useravatar?size=small&avatarId=10122</__32_4x24><__31_6x16 type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/secure/useravatar?size=xsmall&avatarId=10122</__31_6x16><__33_2x32 type="text">https://xxxx-jira.xxxx.com/jira/secure/useravatar?size=medium&avatarId=10122</__33_2x32></avatarUrls><displayName type="text">Allen</displayName><active type="boolean">true</active><timeZone type="text">America/Chicago</timeZone></updateAuthor><created type="text">2022-10-21T17:05:27.640-0400</created><updated type="text">2022-10-21T17:05:27.640-0400</updated></comment>
Hi @Allen Culpepper
I am curious: what did you hear back from the Atlassian Support team on this one? Thanks!
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill,
It is not supported, they added a feature request to include comments in the issue data. For now I do a workaround and add the last comment into a field which gets sent automatically in json format.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.