I use BitBucket Cloud with GitKraken as GUI to manage my repositories.
To work, my team and I use the Gitflow method.
How our workflow for creating a new branch and terminating it works:
We started a new Branch (Feature/Hotfix). For the Feature type, we rely on Current Branch (master) instead of "Lastest develop".
When we're done working, we click finish branch feature/name-branch. And we leave the "Delete branch" option checked instead of "Rebase on develop".
- If a conflict occurs, it will stay on the develop branch until we fix the conflicts. That done, we start a Release, based on "Latest develop" instead of "Current branch" and finalize the Release branch.
It happens that when there are these conflicts, the branch sent to bitbucket is not deleted. And in our GitKraken, they are not "merged" in the repository timeline, but actually in the master.
Am I doing something wrong working with conflicts?
In the image below, you can see that the feature-2 branch was terminated and was not merged into the master line. Even the code created in it being in the master.
