Forgive me as I am a bit new to confluence. I am trying to install a SSL cert on our Confluence server but I can't seem to get it to work. I have followed the directions given here, https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-161203.html , but I am sure I am still not doing something correctly. I reached out to support for assistance but was told that support cannot assist with SSL cert installs. Any help would be apprecieated.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What are you doing differently to what the docs say?
Hi @Kevin Goforth ,
Welcome to Atlassian community.
Which version of confluence server is this? Share the exact issue details . If you are facing any error attach the error details as well. We will try assist you.
Thanks,
Srinath T
I edited the server.xml file as follows. I think it has something to do with how I am trying to do the keystore. Unfortunately this a Windows server so I don't have the commands they use. Once I make the changes to port, and keystore it become completely inaccessible.
<!--<Connector port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Nio2Protocol"enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLSv1.2" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" SSLEnabled="true"URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="Password"/>keystoreFile="C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\conf\Keystore\tsConfluence.pfx-->
I take that back, it is accessible but only on port 80/HTTP. Version is 7.13.0
7.13.0, not getting any error messages, I just can't figure out how to get the cert properly installed.
So, If I uncomment the SSL section of the Server.xml. The windows service will not start. Below is the config change I made.
-->
<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Nio2Protocol"enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLSv1.2" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" SSLEnabled="true"URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="<MY_CERTIFICATE_PASSWORD>"/>
<!--
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.