We are using DC jira
1)How to make mandatory only parent fields in a cascading field during issue creation
2)How to make mandatory only child fields in a cascading field during resolution.
Could you please help on this requirement.
Regards,
Prasad
So by default, if you make a cascading select field required, it only makes the parent required. Here's a bug that confirms that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-21383
To make child fields mandatory, that will require an add-on that provides a custom Workflow Validator, such as one of these:
Found a ScriptRunner example here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-make-the-second-field-of-a-cascading-select-field/qaq-p/229174
Hi @prasad Biddika ,
I'm Sergio, from Decadis. As Darryl Lee indicated you before, this functionality can be achieved using our plugin Jira Workflow Toolbox.
You would only need to do the following step:
%{issue.cfAAAAA.0} != null
Where AAAAA should be replaced by your cascading custom field code-
%{issue.cfAAAAA.1} != null
I hope this information is useful for you. If you have any other doubt related to our plugin, we recommend you creating a ticket in our customer portal site.
Thank you.
Best regards,Sergio
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.