I am relatively new to jira and the automation it allows. I currently setting up a trigger to kick off a task when I end the sprint to create a release branch off of master.
What I am wanting to try and do is have jira/bitbucket automatically create this release branch for me, if it is possible, when I end the sprint. It would also be cool if it could automatically update the version as well, but that could just be a pipe dream. I have been googling around and cannot seem to find anything saying you can or cannot.
Our setup basically has a master branch: when an issue is created, they branch off master, do the work, create a pull request, and it gets merged back into master. When the sprint ends, I create the release branch off of master to have a historical static entity of what work was done up to that point and to give a point to build off of to send out to the customers for testing on their end.