Hi JIRA community!
I would like your advice on how I can optimize my JIRA adminstrative work via automation. We have about 8 timebound epics that close every month and any of the remaining stories that are not completed are moved into another epic that is created at that time.
The way I do this today, is the following:
1) I use the bulk upload functionality to create the 8 epics
2) For each Epic, I use a custom JQL search to pull back any stories that are not closed within that Epic and bulk update them to use the new epic ID as the parent.
3) I close the old Epic by dragging it across the board.
4) I move the new Epic into IN PROGRESS (requires about 4 transitions to get from backlog to In Progress).
5) I repeat these steps for the remaining epics.
Is there a way to speed this up even more through either some script or automation plugin? Thanks!