I read almost all artictles about it.
Nothing helped
Hi @Temur Khalilov
You are using a team-managed project so I assume you are using Jira Cloud.
When do you want to sum up these story and task values into the Epic? I assume it is when the value changes.
One challenge with this rule is that Story Point Estimate can only be edited in the rule using JSON. So your rule would be something like this:
{ "fields": { "Story point estimate": {{lookupIssues.Story point estimate.sum|0}} }}
Kind regards,Bill
Not sure where abouts you got up to with the automation but we required something very similar and made this rule for rolling up worked time and time estimations. I am sure it could also be repurposed for story points.
This rule in regards to time is looking to see if any time is logged on the parent ticket (epic in your case). If there is, the it will go down the first branch where it will add the current time logged on the epic and then time logged on its chidren (tasks, stories etc.) If you use subtasks you will need to do this for this level as well.
In regards to summing up story points. This again you can do in a rule much the same. Using the sum smart values, you'll be able to add all story points together into a single field.
Hope this helps,
Dan
Привет, если вы позволите буду писать на русском, я не могу суммировать story point estimate из историй в эпике.
Я попробовал различные способы, но не получилось, я использую проект управляемый командой.
Thank you very much, I did it, you are a very cool specialist. Thanks to the whole team.
There is a problem with the JQL query, if I have 2 stories in the epic, when story points in one change, then the values of the last trigger are recorded in the epic
How to find all related issues in Epic?
@Bill Sheboy Hi!
I used this
It almost worked. At least I've got "0" instead of nothing Here are logs
I guess the problem is this - project = yourProjectName AND parent = {{triggerIssue.key}}
Do you have any ideas on how to improve it?
Hi @Marina Shelestiuk -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
My original post had a typo in the JQL, and should have been checking if parent = {{triggerIssue.parent.key}} when the trigger issue is a story (or task or bug).
Please try that to see how it helps. Thanks!
@Bill Sheboy It worked, thank you! Let's say its an automation rule# 1.
I also have automation rule# 2: When SP are added to subtask -> then display the sum in a parent story. Here it is
The problem is that automation rule# 1 works fine if only I add SP to stories manually.
Otherwise, in case automation rule# 2 runs and shows SP of the story as a sum of SP of subtasks, automation rule# 1 ignores the value of the story SP. In logs, it shows as "No actions performed".
Is there any chance I can combine these two rules and make one, so SP could be calculated for a parent issue (epic and story)?
Or maybe there is a way to make automation rule# 1 make action when automation rule #2 runs?
Hi @Marina Shelestiuk
I believe it is possible to create a rule to handle changes for either the subtasks or stories/tasks/bugs...and that approach is probably better than using two rules.
One way to do this is using if/else condition blocks, and then branch to the appropriate issues, as needed.
I recommend creating a test project and rule to experiment with this. And then your Jira Admin can copy the rule to the appropriate project when you have it all working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.