This might be a duplicate from something I have posted before.
I am running with a Runner on Windows so I am assuming that my code needs to be Powershell (the guidelines state I need to have PS on my machine). My runner is online.
Just to be clear about my use case, I just want to execute an ant build to see if it succeeds. So what might be my issues?
Let's start:
1) The "Build setup" makes it look like it's cloning my entire code base into the temp folder. Is that what I should expect? Are the commands executing inside this temp folder environment? If that is the case, I will have to copy the ignored assets such as binaries into that temp folder in order to get an ant build to work.
2) How do I access the Workspace, Repository, and Pipeline variables? I have tried using $ and that gives me an error every time because they are null.
3) Where is my output going? This is maddening. The echo command gives me output but simple commands like pwd or dir give me nothing. Do I need to just have one command per step? This is my main complaint with the examples - none of them are real examples, they either are echo something or npm something. And the web - all of the sites that get pulled up are trash plagiarized sites.
4) Going back to 1) - Am I supposed to cd to my branch and run the ant command?
Please help me with real examples.