Hi Guys,
I want to hide some groups, so tickets cant be assigned to that group.
Is that possible?
Thanks!
Wkr,
Mo
Hi @Mo Saidane
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What do you mean a ticket can't be assigned to a group? If you're using the native "Assignee" field to assign tickets, then you are only able to assign an individual user to a particular ticket.
Can you further explain what you mean because by design — you cannot assign a single Jira issue (ticket) to multiple users (i.e. a group of people) at a time.
Best regards,Hamza
Hi Hamza,
I don't want that users can assign their tickets to thatspecific group.I removed the groups in AD but it still showing in JIRA (with no members).
With kind regards,Mo
Hi again @Mo Saidane
I go back to my first comment — Jira is designed in a way that you cannot assign tickets to a group (of users). You can't assign a ticket to multiple users to the built-in assignee field within a Jira ticket. Jira doesn't allow assigning to groups.
So unless you have some type of custom field or workaround, I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing / referring to? Also, what do you mean by "AD"?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I don't really understand the question. One of the great things about Jira is that it does not allow you to use the terrible anti-pattern of assigning an issue to a group (because it's always a disaster in real life)
So, the question is, how have you botched an "assign to group" function?
Without knowing how you are doing that, there's not a lot we can tell you.
AD means Active Directory.
Our Jira (users/groups) are sync from AD.
I will provide you a screenshot today.
Wkr,Mo
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.