We have a need to display certain fields in the task-cards such as Assignee but we do not want these fields to be editable. Is there any way to disable GH's inline-edit functions?
Thanks,
Alex
Hey Alex,
outside of GreenHopper, the permissions to edit certain fields on an issue are controlled by JIRA project permissions:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions
Restricting these permissions for certain users or groups should carry over into GreenHopper.
-Simon
I've managed to disable the functionality by removing some of the actions from GH's atlassian-plugin.xml, which is a start. However, the little 'click here to edit' icons remain and clicking on them causes GH's busy-spinner to spin endlessly (or until I refresh the page).
The problem is that these operations *should* be available - just not through GH.
Ah, I see now Alex.
I'm sorry, but this isn't on our roadmap for the time being. If the feature is critical for you, please file a feature request using jira.atlassian.com so we can get an idea of the demand for the feature and plan it into our product roadmap.
Thanks, I'll do that :-) It's become something of a problem for us - GH does not respect the workflows at all, so if users are free to edit fields or use the functions on the card dropdown menus, it bypasses our business-logic.
Incidentally, I've discovered that even though I have disabled the "View Issue Ops Bar Assign Link" and "View Issue Ops Bar Work Link" modules in the 'Issue Operations' system plugin, GH still displays the 'Assign' and 'Log Work' menu-items. They (correctly) don't do anything when selected, but as the modules are disabled I would not expect the menu-items to be visible at all.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.