Hello Everyone,
I am trying to setup an SLA which compares 2 date fields: planned completion date and actual completion date for a particular issue type.
Kindly confirm if this can be done without any addons?
Regards,
Victor
Hello @Victor Joachim
You can create additional SLAs but they can only track a Time Goal in a time format (E.g. 4h 30m) so comparing this with a field would not be possible.
Can you elaborate on the expected behaviour of the "planned completion date " and "actual completion date" SLAs? Based on your request I might be able to propose an automation that could inform you if the SLA has been met or not.
Hello @Patrik Korovsky
I have created 3 custom fields:
(1) Planned Completion Date (2) Actual Completion Date (3) SLA Met.
Below is the behavior/logic I am trying to implement:
If Planned completion date <= Actual completion date; then update "SLA Met" custom field to "YES" otherwise update to "NO"
Let me know if this is achievable with automation rules.
Thank you
This is how I would go about setting this up:
Let me know if this works for you or if you need any help.
Since there is no "<=" you can set up the check to be as follows:
Hi @Patrik Korovsky Thanks for the solution. This works.
I had this running for a couple of days and the only additional feedback and experience from the solution is that:
- There is a likelihood that the "Planned Completion Date" custom field might not be updated throughout the ticket status cycle. Once, the ticket is closed, the automation returns and error because the "Actual Completion Date" is being compared with an empty field.
Do you think there is a way around this situation to prompt the ticket handlers to update?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.