- I am currently a jira admin and a project admin. I have access to our sysadmin and knowledge of sysadmin tools.
- We primarily use JMWE (jira misc. workflow extender) for our automations, and we mostly use post functions
- We have access to scriptrunner as well but our access is limited so we don't utilize as often as it requires collaboration with another team
I currently have a special workflow set up for one of our teams we support. The automation currently opens 1 epic, 7 stories, and 10 subtasks. Here is what needs to happen:
- The epic opens
- The stories open
- The subtasks open
- The Subtasks are moved to the correct story
Several of the stories have multiple subtasks and several have none. I have been playing around with different ways to achieve this, but I'm struggling with the best way to to achieve the final step. Everything opens correctly and with the correct fields and summary etc, I just can't wrap my head around the best way to link the subtasks to the stories. I have read that this can be done with jira automation triggers, but that isn't accessible at this time. I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions.