I'm new to JIRA development and having trouble when move issues from one project space to another. I used Automation rule to do that but it is not fully copy the whole issue data to clone space. I want to move whole issue with its all values and attachments etc.. May I ask your opinion for this matter. I cannot Script runner archive job. need alternative way that that. Thank you
Hi @Apsara Dissanayake ,
Welcome to the community !!
To move a ticket from project to another project, you need to have Move Issues permission in source project and Create Issue permission in destination project.
If you have the required permissions, then write a JQL to fetch the required tickets and make use of Bulk edit option. In next screens, you can select the tickets and then select Move Issues.
Hi @Rilwan Ahmed , Thank you for your answer. I need to do this in Automated way. May I use Postfunction or scheduled job for this?
I need to do this in Automated way. May I use Postfunction or scheduled job for this?
-- There is not possibility for this in native jira.
You will also struggle to do it with advanced tools for automation and scripting.
Moving an issue to a new project or type is something that should only be done as part of housekeeping or correcting the odd genuine mistake. It should never be a part of a standard operating process, and certainly should never be automated.
Can we ask why you think you want to do this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.