Hi everyone!
I'm Charlie, one of the Product Managers working with the Atlassian Automation team, and I'd love to hear how you're finding Automation - how you're using it today, any pain points you've found, and what improvements you'd like to see.
If you're keen to chat, feel free to find a time that suits here: https://calendly.com/cgavey/automation-feedback
Look forward to hearing from you!
Charlie
Hi @Charlie Gavey , is this the follow-up of this thread?
I've already talked to Dilani, is it possible that you share a list of items that have already been suggested?
Kind regards,Rudy
Hi @Charlie Gavey , as a suggestion, I would like to see Project category as Scope for a rule.
@Rudy Holtkamp Thanks so much for taking the time to chat with Dilani! She's shared the insights from those customer conversations, but we're always happy to hear more feedback to better understand how customers are using automation, so if anything else comes to mind, please feel free to reach out and let us know.
👍🏻
Current issue were I run into is finding (and replacing) actions within rules if for instance a custom field name changes. Then you see within the rule a 'Deleted field' message, but in the rules overview you can't find the affected rules. This also applies for webhooks where you have a authorization that needs replacement.
But new issues and ideas pop-up every week.... 😊
Please, please take a look at this comment by Bill: why are there two threads for the same thing? @Srini Chakravarthy , can you please give some clarity?
I second every word @Bill Sheboy said in the other thread:
For specific ideas to improve...perhaps first review all of the open defects and suggestions submitted for automation rules (in the public Jira automation and old Code Barrel backlogs) to decide their disposition before checking for more input.
Here they are for everyone interested:
To be fair, @Charlie Gavey does appear to be reviewing/updating the suggestions I have made in the public backlog for automation. Thanks!
Hi @Kalin U and @Bill Sheboy - just a quick note to confirm that @Srini Chakravarthy and I are in the same team (but slightly different timezones). We're sharing customer insights with the wider Automation Platform team, and joining for each other's customer calls where timezones permit. We're absolutely continuing to review the suggestions in the public backlog, and these conversations with customers have been invaluable in helping us understand the context of some of these feature requests.Thanks again for all your input to help us improve automation - it's very much appreciated!Charlie
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.