We have a project to collect customer feedback. The issues in this board are then linked to jira product discovery board ideas via the Chrome plugin, i.e. they are linked to already existing issues on the product discovery board via an "added to idea" link. They then appear on the PD board as "insights" linked to that PD issue. We very much like this workflow as one can measure how many different customer feedback issues are related to a PD issue and we can use that to measure the customer value of a PD issue.
I then tried to set up an automation rule which should automatically update the status on the customer feedback issues as soon as they are linked to a PD issue via "added to idea". I found in the automation the correct link type ("Polaris datapoint issue link") which should be triggered by both "is idea for" and "added to idea" link types. However the automation is only triggered when I link the PD issue with an "is idea for" link. Unfortunately the Chrome plugin only creates "added to idea" type links so I would need to update my customer feedback links manually after having used the Chrome plugin.