We have 2 workflows in our Service Desk support project. One workflow is for the task issue type and the other workflow is for all other issue types. We have a task workflow because it is very simple with open>in progress>closed, while all the other issue types have a complex workflow they must go through after set to In Progress.
I have set the "New Request" issue type for all issues created by Service Desk email request automation. So when new issues are created via auto email import, they are set to an issue type that is in the complex workflow. I have set up a transition where agents then fill in all the required fields and "convert" the issue to a different issue type based on the request. They can only select the issue types that are in that workflow however. I need them to also be able to select the Tast issue type that has a different workflow without having to use the "Move" feature every time.
Is there a way to use a transition to move the issue to a type of a different workflow? Or a way I can allow agents to select the Task issue type in the "Convert Issue" screen?
We also utilize JIRA Workflow Toolbox and Bob Swift Update on Transition add ons. I do not see a way to do this thorough those add ons either.