I am attempting to set up Jira to use our existing LDAP server (Red Hat Directory Server). It produces
Test get user's memberships : Failed
when I try to test the setup. Unlike some of the other errors Jira produces, there is no additional information in the test result.
I see other answers here (e.g. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Test-get-user-s-memberships-Failed/qaq-p/650228) saying that I should look in
/<jira-install>/logs/atlassian-jira.log
but that file does not exist. Looking in all available log files, the following string pairs do not appear together in any single line in any log file:
ldap group
ldap fail
ldap member
fail group
member sync
member fail
What is the specific string I should be looking for to find the error? Or, if there's logging to be turned up, what logging do I need to increase?
Note that our LDAP server does not support memberOf, which is probably the main issue here. Is there a way to get Jira to use LDAP without memberOf support?