Hi everyone,
I am trying to automate a part where I have a Parent ticket linked to several child tickets. Now what I want is basically to reflect the number of impacted transactions from the child tickets and the total would add up to the parent. My problem is not knowing how to reflect this whenever a user amends the number within a child ticket. I tried using changelog but no success.
E.g. 1 Parent ticket linked to 1 child ticket, child ticket has 1000 impacted transactions. Therefore Parent also has 1000 transactions. User changes from 1000 to 800, then I would expect the Parent to be changed also.
Tried the following equation basically:
Simple terms: Parent custom field value subtracted from the trigger issue custom field value and added with the new value of the same trigger issue.
Equation attempted which did not work:
{{issue. customfield_18480}} -{{triggerIssue.changelog.Numbers.customfield_18480.fromstring}} + {{triggerIssue.changelog.Numbers.customfield_18480.tostring}}
Would appreciate if someone knows how to work through it or maybe find another way...