Hello,
I need help to have a basis for developing a script to automate US story points in relation with the sub-task it might contain.
I know Jira does not want to work on this and the only way to have this much needed functionality is by scripting it.
Here's what the script should do in order to complete the unincluded functionality:
Before the script:
1- User Stories will start with a set amount of Story Points assigned to them.
2- Sub-tasks are added to the User Stories.
Script process would start here:
2a- Story Points are added to the Sub-tasks.
2b- The parent task should subtract the amount of Story Points added to the sub-task. Making sure that the original Story Points total remain unchanged.
This is because otherwise we'll have the Story Points doubled due to the sub-tasks and parent tasks adding up their story points.
And if sub-tasks are not estimated with their corresponding Story Points... there would be no chart info until the parent User Story is completed.
Please help me start this script so I can modify it as needed.
Thanks!