I maintain a couple bitbucket repositories, and I had to adjust my access credentials after the March 1 2022 switch. It seemed to work ... okay.
But since then I picked up a project I was working on in 2020, with a repository that a different owner ("OtherUser") maintains. I have not been able to push my changes into that repository.
Thus far, I have undertaken the following steps:
- added my own app password
- tried supplying the app password when pushing from Sourcetree (note, this seemed unlikely, as the message at that point was looking for the password for the OtherUser)
- had the other owner remove my access and then grant it again
- received admin credentials to the other repository
- added my own SSH key to my account
- cleared the user.password in my local Git settings
- confirmed I can push to other repositories after accessing Bitbucket via SSH instead of HTTPS
- restarted my computer
I am getting this message when trying to push:
Pushing to bitbucket.org:OtherUser/RepositoryName.git
git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
I'm stuck and don't know what else to try.
Thanks.