Hi,
I am trying to update the status of issue from Request Info state to Submitted via rest API in python.
after digging a lot in the documentation , I ran a Rest call to get the allowed status for the issue ID and i can see that the status Submitted is allows:
"expand": "transitions",
"transitions": [{
"id": "381",
"name": "Resubmit",
"to": {
"self": "https://ies-valor-jira.ies.mentorg.com/rest/api/2/status/10000",
"description": "",
"iconUrl": "https://ies-valor-jira.ies.mentorg.com/",
"name": "Submitted",
"id": "10000",
"statusCategory": {
"self": "https://ies-valor-jira.ies.mentorg.com/rest/api/2/statuscategory/2",
"id": 2,
"key": "new",
"colorName": "blue-gray",
"name": "To Do"
So now i would like to change the status with the following code:
from jira import JIRA
JIRA_SERVER = "https://ies-valor-jira.ies.mentorg.com/"
jira_user_name = "myuser"
jira_password = "mypassword!"
jira_connection = JIRA(basic_auth=(jira_user_name, jira_password),
server=JIRA_SERVER)
jira.Issue='SF-6831'
jira_connection.add_comment(jira.Issue, body="Resubmit issues")
jira_connection.transition_issue("SF-6831", "Resubmit")
But i get an error message that indicate :customfield_10509":"You must define \"Resubmit Note: before you moving to \"CCB Review\" state"}
I need to know how to update this custom field in the Rest call to allow the issue to change status.