In reference to this article
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/upcoming-changes-epic-link-replaced-with-parent/
What impact will this have on jira align to jira connector configuration?
@Kyle Foreman Any Jira connector impacts with the updates in the article that are being referenced?
I wouldn't think so due to you are simply mapping the field ID in the Align connector to the field used for the linking in Jira. When the connector sees the field mapped, it would know to look at the corresponding linked Parent(Epic) from the story.
Hey Shannon! Yes I was thinking the same thing until I saw the screen shots. The article refers to the new Parent as a 'concept' not a 'field'. And there's quite a lot of functionality around it - like the fact that it will be in the breadcrumbs. So I'm wondering if it acts like a regular custom field or not.
Hi,
We can confirm that the new API changes for the parent field are already implemented in the connector's logic.
As a result, there will be no impact to Jira Cloud connector following the deprecation/transition to parent field.
Story to Epic link under "Jira Setup" is currently mandatory. For any new Jira Cloud connector after the cut-over, it can have any value but the connector will look at Parent field in Jira Cloud. We are looking into making this field as not mandatory in the future for Jira Cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.